Castle of the Counts of Hornes

Braine-le-Château

Château des Comtes de Hornes - face avantChâteau des Comtes de Hornes - vue arrièreChâteau des comtes de Hornes

Description

The Castle of the Counts of Hornes is a private property, thus called in reference to members of this illustrious family who stayed there. The current owner is Count Cornet de Ways Ruart, a descendant of the Counts of Robiano. This feudal castle, surrounded by water, dates from the 13th century and is built around a keep. In the late 15th century the defensive castle was turned into a stately home.

The interior of the castle is not open to visitors. The estate can be visited on guided tours and for certain events. The guided tours also include the origins of Braine-le-Château, the lapidarium, St-Remy’s church (tomb effigy, stained glass), the main square with its stocks and the Bailiff’s House.

Visit language : German, English, French, Dutch

Opening

Book 15 days in advance.

Prices

Guided tours of the castle estate, the lapidarium, St-Remy’s church, the main square, the stocks and the Bailiff’s House:

Adult: €10

Article 27: €1

< 12 years: free

Location

Place des Martyrs, 1
1440 Braine-le-Château

Tel. +3223669349

tourisme@braine-le-chateau.be

Website